Thursday, February 28, 2008

Happy Days

Most of u reading this blog must ve seen this years run away hit movie Happy Days. A majority among that must ve fallen head over heels for the movie callin it may be as the greatest campus movie of all time. The others, the ones with their rational thinkin capability intact n brains in workin condition, must be cursin the person who dragged them to c the movie(if u can call it one). Which ever category u fall into this blog isnt for discussing the film. Infact such trashes shud never be discussed ne whr. I ve just "borrowed" the movies title because i myself am on the threshold completing my college life.

I wud never call my college life peachy, the reason being an unbelievably wonderful school life. My 12years whr spend in the same school. Thr whr many like me who spend thr entire student life at tat institute n seeing each other 4 such a long time left no option but to hit on a cordial relation. V had such a grt friend circle thr always upto mischiefs which wud traditionally be considered college level stuff. The teachers, who had been seeing us from near infancy, used to let us off the hook with mere warnings. They whr really carin supportive n school was very much the second home tat it was supposed to be.

But everything changed with college. Not only did i ve to leave behind abt 18years of life but i found my self in the middle of nerd country. Abt 90% of the students here had lived thr lives thus far aimin only for IIT nd had never heard the word fun b4 . While they whr relishing this new found freedom doin things tat i deemed school boy stuff; i retreated to the seclusion of my room, reading nd lookin 4ward to the next opportunity to run home.

3years later i concede that i ve made considerable progress here. I ve got a good grp of frnds though not as close as the ones i left behing. But then its hard not to become frnds with ppl with whom u ve been spending every minute of your waking hours for the last couple of years. Nd now with hardly a couple of months left in my col life; a life with no responsibility, a completely dependent n easy life; i am suddenly overcome with a wave of nostalgia. I yearn to be back in my first year room, with my solitude n the desire of going home 4 company; I long to spend a few more months in my college, stay in my current room which i ve retained for the last 2years nd sleep on my "mutant bed "with 5 legs; I wish to extend my student life 4 a few more months nd procrastinate the life of responsibilities n uncertainties tat lay ahead.

I realize now tat thrs a small part of me which is anxiously lookin 4ward to my life after col {with marriage being an immediate prospect :) }, but thrs an even larger part of me that wants to stay as a student nd live in this college that i never loved.

No comments: